General Ledger Accountant in Utrecht
For an international organisation in Utrecht, we are recruiting for a GL Accountant. In this international environment you will have contact with...
General Ledger Accountant
For an international organisation in Utrecht, we are recruiting for a GL Accountant. In this international environment you will have contact with other European countries. In that case you must speak English fluently (Dutch isn't necessary) and another European language.
- Setting up and maintaining accounting records;
- preparing and booking journal entries and account reconciliations;
- responsible for the accounting of one or more designated operating companies;
- ensuring accounting entries are posted in a timely manner so that account balances are properly stated;
- taking ownership of the balance sheet accounts and performing analytical reviews of those accounts.
- preparing and documenting month-end Balance Sheet Specifications (reconciliation, G/L account breakdown, supporting documentation)
- coordination and execution of the month end closing activities of the entities according to closing schedule;
- conducting quarterly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation;
- analysis and monthly expense variance analysis;
- preparing consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations;
- ensuring VAT and intrastat transactions are properly accounted for and recorded;
- responsible for local VAT and Intrastat filings according to legally required timelines.
- Minimum of 3 years of general ledger accounting experience, preferably within an international shared services environment;
- professional level of knowledge of modern accounting practices;
- accounting degree, at least Bachelor level;
- fluency in English and good in Dutch.
The salary indication is max 50k a year
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)