At a glance
Do you want to bring banking as we know it to the next level and contribute to the biggest digital revolution in history? Do you have affinity with data and the data integration and do you agree with us that data is at the core of the value we can bring to our customers? With us, you can work on creating internal API's to untangle the messy point to points, set up raw data lakes and integrated data stores and advanced analytics platforms to combine loads of data and work on technologies that enable visually appealing business intelligence to make management decisions. Sounds good? Right! Data & Integration Technology within ABN AMRO is the place for you!What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it!
To speed up and strengthen the digital transformation we are searching the best data engineers to help us. With helping we mean that you:
- can build data solutions, from designing, coding, testing to the actual deployment of the application
- can configure tooling once off the shelf solutions are in place that we haven't built ourself
- can model complex new data-models on, for example, reference data, risk data or marketing data
- will Interact with the rest of the organization, from business lines to other development teams
- understand the public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure) and their respective Advanced Analytics and Database offerings
- have to innovate, experiment and advice on applying new technologies
- are a teamplayer willing to be part of a team and contribute to the teamgoals by e.g. structure and organize your code in a way that makes it sustainable and easy to change for others
- We understand that you might not master all topics, but be aware that you'll be confronted with each of them, as you're working on the core of our strategic assets.
Examples of the epics you could work on:
Your working environment
- streaming data solutions
- an enterprise solution for customer data
- projects to remain compliant with regulators (such as GDPR)
- internal API’s gateway and an Enterprise Service Bus for improved data interoperability
- enabling of self service BI tooling
With a combination of goodies straight from the market leaders (such as Informatica, Teradata, IIB 10 from IBM, MicroStrategy, SAS etc.), and self-build top-of-the-line tooling, Data & Integration Technology is the data heart of ABN AMRO. In this team it is aknowledged that the status quo needs to be broken and that radical modernization of the way we treat data is necessary. Therefore, the possibilities are vast. Building software is great, but creating value out of 7 petabyes of data is better! While this means we value our top notch quality standard, you’ll be surprised by the informal atmosphere in which we do this.We fully adopted the Agile Way of Working and you'll work in a small dev team (5-9 persons)You work on or explore the latest technologies such as:
- Big Data solutions: MongoDB, Cassandra, NoSQL, Hortonworks, Redshift
- Data Quality solutions: Informatica Data Quality, Abinitio
- ETL tooling: Informatica and Abinitio
- Master Data Management Solutions: Informatica Master Data Management
- Advanced Analytics modelling solutions in Python, R or SAS
- Enterprise Database Solutions: Oracle, DB2, EM, Teradata
- Reporting tooling: Microstrategy, SAS
- There is an informal atmosphere with plenty of room for fun
- We’re ok with making mistakes, be open about it and learn from it
As you can see, we have certain expectations. Ideally, you already fit into them. If you do not, but feel you can grow into such an expert, we are also very interested to meet you!
- You are able to tell your colleagues when you should go for a traditional RDBMS or when it is better to move to a public cloud solution that fits better the performance needs. In other words: you know what you're talking about.
- You not only understand the technical part, but you're also aware that to create value out of vast amounts of data, you need to implement tools to analyse this, with all its aspects
- You are able to not only suggest solutions, but you are also able to put them in practice immediately by rolling up your sleeves and start building
- You have an exploratory and eager mindset, on the lookout for new developments, but you understand that for sustainability adopting certain standards are required
- A teamplayer, willing to help others and share knowledge whenever you think you can
What we offer
- We prefer to see an education in Computer Science, Information Science, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Skills in Data tooling and Data related Programming Languages are (depending on the level of application) either a must or an advantage. Please find examples in the previous section.
- Stuff to cover your daily expenses and then some………..(in other words: Money)
- Substantial education budget and a public transportation card.
- A large responsibility, and the freedom to do your job
- A well-equipped office, and all required facilities to do your job
- Possibility of a start training at our very own IT Academy (only for junior applicants)
- Freedom to use various cloud services like Amazon Webservices or Azure
- Room to visit (tech-related) seminars
- Required investments to boost your personal skills
- A client base of +/- 5mio users for you to make an impact on
At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients’ interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say ‘no’ if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients’ interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.