Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. This position offers the opportunity to drive financial decision making within Booking.com.
In this role you take as a business partner full financial ownership for certain business areas. There is a clear emphasis on taking the lead in financial modelling, analyzing, reporting and advising stakeholders on the performance, including revenues, expenses, FTEs, cash flow and other KPIs. Secondly you are driving improvement projects in cooperation with teams in Procurement, Accounting and the Business.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
You will report to the Manager Business Control within the Financial Analysis & Planning team. This position is based in our headquarters in Amsterdam. This role requires a dynamic and proactive person with strong analytical and social skills.
- Support both the short and long-term business planning process to create meaningful financial plans that guide the organization and drive for the achievement of financial and operational objectives. Drives efficiency and consistency through the process.
- Creates meaningful and actionable variance analysis comparing financial results with all relevant comparison points.
- Continuously seek ways to improve existing reporting to fit with evolving requests from senior management;
- Lead and drive improvement projects, like cost optimization together with the business and procurement teams.
- Masters’ degree in Business, Finance, or other related field;
- Additional professional certification (RC/CIMA/CMA/CFA) or studying is a plus
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of SQL, data mining and Microsoft VBA is preferred;
- Commercial attitude;
- Ability to listen, work with and pro-actively advise business partners;
- Sees the headlines whilst having attention for the details;
- Ability to be a reliable, hands-on deliverer of quality results;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English;
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and working in an unstructured environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion;
- Organized, proactive and results oriented.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Financial Analyst. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.