We are currently looking for an entrepreneurial Financial Analyst to be part of the dynamic and fast-paced Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, to support our partner-focused supply organization (Partner Services). In this role you will report directly to the Strategic Finance Manager within FP&A. You will be working in our office in Amsterdam.
With both a product and commercial organization and 198 offices worldwide, Partner Services is responsible for B2B relationships with our 1.500.000+ accommodation partners. In this unique role you will be working on high-impact, challenging and cross-functional projects, with direct exposure to senior leadership.
Booking.com is the world’s leading accommodation site, and the third largest e-commerce company. We are looking for a results-driven, rigorous problem-solver with a sharp analytical mind, able to think creatively with excellent communication skills. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who gets excited about the opportunity to solve key strategic questions in a data-driven environment to enable long term Booking.com success to achieve our vision to empower people to experience the world.
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and ever changing work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
Your main responsibilities will be to support, test and validate the global company initiatives. Today, these include, without being exhaustive, projects such as:
- Optimizing staffing models across a large global commercial organization;
- Increasing our understanding of the profitability of business segments and local operations;
- Evaluating strategies, operational roadmap and ROI for increased partner retention;
- Assess economics and go-to-market channels for new product offerings.
In dealing with such topics, you will operate with a high degree of autonomy and will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders across all levels of the organization. Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is keen to develop and grow within the role and be challenged to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves, while remaining agile and focused on where the key priorities lie. This includes managing expectations of what you can and cannot deliver.
In your role you will have interaction with senior management, international business managers and finance colleagues on a daily basis.
- Support the global Partner Services team in decision making, setting directions and exploring new avenues on any strategic priority applicable at that time. You will do this by delivering economic and financial insights relevant for that specific matter;
- Visualize your analysis and report your work in such a way that your business partners are able to easily understand it to make decisions;
- Present your findings to senior audiences, on an as-needs basis;
- Contribute to robust, scalable and insightful reporting of the Partner Services department’s key metrics;
- Continuously seek ways to improve existing reporting to fit with evolving requests from senior management;
- Proactively deliver intelligence based on data and support and advise the business partners whenever there is an opportunity;
- Communicate proactively with managers in international markets to understand market/business trends;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other related field;
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Financial modeling and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of SQL, data mining and Microsoft VBA is preferred;
- Commercial and inquisitive attitude;
- Ability to listen, work with and pro-actively advise business partners;
- Sees the headlines whilst having attention for the details;
- Is able to explain economics and Finance to non-Finance business partners in a simple, understandable manner;
- Ability to be a reliable, hands-on deliverer of quality results;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English;
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently;
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and working in an unstructured environment;
- Self-starter, independent, autonomous and able to prioritize projects;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
- Strong change management skills.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Strategic Analyst - Finance. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.