Do you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Do you like to work with people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset? Do you have experience in General Ledger Accounting? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you, take charge of your career and apply now!
For the Corporate Accounting team, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior General Ledger Accountant. This part of the Corporate Accounting team is focused on Central Accounting processes like Treasury, Fixed Assets, Leases and Intercompany. The focus of this position is to make sure the accurate and timely accounting of these processes, as well as the further centralization and innovation of them. Your critical mindset, ability to multi-task and excellent technical accounting knowledge help you to accomplish this.
SAP, project related experience and ability to work with cross functional teams is preferable. You will report to the Controller and work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our Amsterdam office.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain part of the general ledger of Booking.com BV and the NL group of entities;
- Closely involved in month end process including preparation and review of journal entries, accruals, Intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Preparation of monthly closing reports in accordance with US GAAP;
- Review of own accounting work and that of others;
- Involved in consolidation process;
- Proactive communication of potential issues to the Controller;
- Actively drive continuous process improvements and innovations
- Co-prepare statutory financial statements;
- Assist and support in coordinating statutory and Sox audits;
- Co-ensure all procedures and controls within the Finance department are, and remain, SOX compliant;
- Help the team to meet and exceed the department goals;
- Managing ad hoc accounting and operational assignments;
- The tasks and responsibilities may change over time.
Required Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4+ years of (general ledger) accounting experience;
- Relevant accounting degree as for example SPD, ACCA or Bachelor Accounting level;
- Being able to cope with dynamic and high change environment
- Critical and able to deal with complex accounting reconciliation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, proactive and full of initiatives;
- Can do mentality;
- Creative and critical thinker;
- Being able to prioritize;
- Accurate and analytical, responsible and take ownership;
- Agile and resilience.
- Strong IT experience in financial systems, including SAP, is preferable
- Ambitious and inquisitive attitude
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Sr. GL Accountant. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.