Main responsibilities of Global Cost Management (GCM) team within Group Finance are focused on understanding and managing overall cost base of the Bank at a detailed level for countries/functions/cost categories and supporting senior management of ING on related topics.
To reinforce GCM team, we are looking for a Senior Employee MA. He/she will be responsible for various activities related to gathering, analysis and reporting of Bank expenses & FTEs at granular level. Among others this includes:
- Performing activities related to the provision of clear, accurate, timely and complete analysis with respect to the past (trends), present (budget vs. actual) and future (Forecast / DP) regarding the granular expenses and headcount of functions, business units, countries, business lines, etc. Internally and externally.
- Creating and/or contributing to presentations/explanations, analyses and advice accompanying this information (MBB / MBB-1 level) as well as to (process) improvement initiatives relevant for these tasks.
- Supporting other teams in process improvement initiatives aimed at improving overall quality and timeliness of the above data and analysis.
Key responsibilities / Accountabilities
Cost monitoring & reporting
- Collecting and processing detailed information based on available financial and other sources with respect to cost developments within business units, functions, segments, etc.
- Ensuring alignment of the collected data with other reporting lines, a.o. cost trends, procured spend reporting, overall cost development of the units, external announcements, cost cube.
- Safeguarding consistency of the explanations and analysis presented to various clients
- Translating observed cost developments into expected cost developments within reporting units, functions, segments, etc. Challenging and explaining bottom-up FC/DP submissions, while working closely with local finance and portfolio teams.
- Contributing to periodical internal (and where necessary) external financial reporting. Coordinating the above with CFOs and the controllers of the LoBs, Business Units, projects, and corporate departments.
Policy development/Implementation & process improvement
Overseeing overall cost reporting process of the Bank, including definitions and system requirements; helping with setting relevant priorities for the change organization and driving quality and process improvements. Liaising with other finance departments and teams, translating client and reporting requirements into process impact and deliverables as well as concrete follow-up actions. Assisting, within the area of responsibility, in the development and implementation of tools, procedures and policies.
How to succeed
- University graduate
- 5+ years of experience in business control/advice or similar areas
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills and power to convince, coupled with good stakeholder management skills and organisational sensitivity
- Highly analytical, capable of linking numerous elements into a broad picture
- Advanced Excel user, able to manage and process vast quantity of information, with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of the entire organisation, its business and its procedures
What we offer
We bring you the opportunity to work with a professional, fun and diverse team in an innovative and collaborative office space. You can have an impact full career within an international environment that offers you every opportunity to get the best out of yourself and grow personally and professionally to the next level to closer to your dreams. We offer a job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life