As the Expertise Lead Portfolio Management you will work following the New Way of Working (AGILE) which is driven by autonomy and alignment. This way of working will bring you; empowerment and accountability on your delivery, added value to our customers as you will deliver faster and in a more efficient way, good and rapid vision on what you deliver within your team and a lot of development opportunities, sharing with close colleagues with different expertise.
Your key responsibilities
As a Expertise Lead Portfolio Management in the department of Strategy & Roadmap COO Risk and Finance you will be responsible for the coaching, inspiring, development and evaluating of 2 teams (+- 15 FTE) of Business- and Change Portfolio Consultants, which both have impact on the fundamental transformation ING is facing by:
1. Change Portfolio Consultants:
- Performing strategic portfolio management and benefit management: aimed at supporting the Executive Committee and senior management in creating, managing and delivering a change roadmap that is consistent with the strategic objectives and maximizes the return on investment by optimized capital allocation within the budget framework.
- Supporting the Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) process: facilitating the agile process based on 90 day cycles and Obeya rooms (as applicable); ensure data based strategic, tactical and/or operational decision making on change takes place, including monitoring of key milestones, identification of key actions and facilitating impediment resolution by having an independent advisory role.
- Owning and managing key change processes such as the end-to-end regulatory process: deploying bank-wide guidelines, orchestrating communication and supporting execution of the key transformation processes thereby accelerating delivery of change, while ensuring sufficient mitigation of risks.
2. Ensuring Reporting and Monitoring:
- Analysing bank-wide delivery performance through reporting on progress and confidence level /predictability of the change execution incl. milestones, KPIs, OKRs
- Reporting on financials (actuals, forecast, tracking business cases) together with finance teams
- Performance metrics for squads and tribes based on agile delivery to improve outcome of sprints
- Ensuring tooling supporting the Agile way of working is in place and used appropriately: support training and on-boarding of squads, ensure data quality checks to enable tribes deliver (as per promise) and maintain master data and tool schemes (tribe and squad structure; Themes and Epics)
3. Business Consultants (Business Architects):
- Regulatory Management Process: contribute to the identification of change and (regulatory) program initiation given global scope of Risk & Finance (‘Program Roadmap Guidance’).
- Program Management: contribute to global program level design (‘Program Roadmap Guidance’) and CIC submission (‘EA paragraph’ of Business Case).
- COORF Intake process: contribute to refinement and design decision making (‘Epic Solution Approach’) to reach execution ready status within COORF.
- Strategy Setting and Roadmap Creation: guide the setting of strategic ambitions in Risk and Finance, translate to target state architecture and integrated execution roadmap, and clarify associated change.
How to succeed
We are looking for a new colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Expertise Lead Portfolio Management, you will also need:
- Master degree level
- Relevant experience as Change/ Program Manager and a minimum of 10 years in a people management role
- Fluent in the English and Dutch language (verbal and written)
- Strong people management skills since you will be responsible for the coaching, inspiring, development and evaluating of a team (+- 15 FTE) of Business- and Change Portfolio Consultants
- To be able to develop a strategic vision together with your management; to work in an international environment closely collaboration with the COORF Expertise Leads
- To take ownership on mission, actions and show a high level of autonomy: you are a role model and/or you become the ‘go to person’
- Being capable to take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level
- Being a team player: we expect from you that you have a valuable contribution to the collective goals both regarding the concrete deliverables and the teamwork on itself.
- Able to influence and convince not only peers but also the stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management experience on senior management level
- Solid knowledge of Governance in a change environment
- Affinity and knowledge of (financial) data, bank processes and technology
- First experience in an AGILE environment is a plus
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
- Furthermore, within the Strategy & Roadmap department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us.