Your new job!
The COO Risk& Finance/Global Services department delivers Risk and Finance related services to its stakeholders, i.e. Group Finance, CFO’s, CRO’s, Risk, Tax and Bank Treasury. These services encompass operations and controls for accounting and reporting.
The organization has 8 Circles and an offshore operation in Pune and IBSS Manila.
You will lead one of the Circles and, accompanied by an Agile coach, you guide 3 self-organizing Finance Partner Teams. These teams each consist of about 5-10 employees who are responsible for delivering finance services to many different stakeholders
Primary responsibilities are:
- Formulate challenging objectives based on principles of output steering and proven Finance knowledge to steer on planning and content when required to deliver on the COORF/Global Services ambition and goals.
- Facilitate, support and motivate teams and team members so that they together provide the best service to our stakeholders. Attention to personal development, coaching and getting the best out of teams and employees are the essential aspects of your job.
You will be responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of Special Purpose Entities up until the month end closing process (IFRS reporting and memo accounts). Your responsibility covers also the preparation of annual accounts and (partially) the corporate tax returns. Working field extends to both business lines (f.e. Wholesale Banking) and to ING corporate entities.
Your work environment
- You breath the ‘ING Way of Working’ and lead by example
- Create and safeguard the and principles of the ING Way of Working and stimulate the interaction between people within and outside the own Circle
- You will be part of the management team. You are responsible for delivering on the Global Risk and Finance Services ambition and goals and play a crucial role in setting priorities on both circle and super circle level
- You determine – in consultation with other Circle Leads and the Super Circle Lead – the teams structure, their composition and mission and facilitate teams in achieving their objectives by taking away their impediments
- Encourage and help team-members with their own personal and professional development and create an environment in which individuals and teams are able to develop and grow towards a high performing level
- Functionally steer the day-to-day onshore and offshore activities within your Circle and you make sure you deliver valuable, reliable, secure and in control Global services to many different Business Partners (including Group Finance and Business Lines)
- Maintain active interaction and regular communication on services provided to the stakeholders, CFOs/CROs and stakeholders within senior management
- Responsible for compliance to financial control standards and signing off on (Sox) key-controls
- You will be responsible for the Process Leadership which aims at optimizing and improving the processes within your Circle and you encourage the teams and individuals for continuously improving data quality and processes within the circle
- You act as a linking pin with the Change organization by setting requirements, formulating acceptance criteria and joining demo’s organized by Tribes/squads
- Focus on continues improvements and efficiency. You deliver input and execute the plans for robotizing and leveraging our offshore operations for your Circle
How to succeed
We are looking for a passionate and inspiring Circle Lead, who is a real ambassador of the global ING Way of Working and Orange code. He/she has proven experience in and knowledge of Finance, Banking and the Agile Way of Working, strives for First Time Right and Continuous improvement, delivers on promises and creates an environment where people can reach their true potential and stimulates collaboration within the Global Risk and Finance Services and between Tribes, Global Risk and Finance Services and other stakeholders.
- University (Master) level in (business) economics or comparable field
- 5-10 years proven track record at management level
- Proven Banking/Finance knowledge and experience in the areas of accounting & reporting
- Knowledge and experience with implementation of (SOX) control frameworks
- Experience with Agile and Lean way of working
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
Affinity with IT and process management
Competencies Orange Leadership Profile
- Self-aware, promotes awareness in others
- Market focus, sees the bigger picture and ING perspective
- Energising, leads by example
- Empowerment, fosters and empowering culture
- People development, creates a learning environment
- Execution, delivers outstanding business results
- End-user focus, drives a customer centric culture
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life