The COO Risk & Finance department delivers Risk & Finance related services to its stakeholders, i.e. Group Finance, country CFO’s and Wholesale Banking, Risk, Tax and Bank Treasury. These services encompass operations and change initiatives for accounting, reporting, data foundation and business advice services, including system, process, data and information management, and analytics capabilities. By design, the services are reliable, secure and in control. Change is delivered in accordance with the Finance strategy and implementation and decommissioning roadmap.
The Tribe Statutory and Regulatory Reporting delivers and enables the organisation to provide on-time, high-quality, standardized financial reporting solutions, in compliance with external and internal regulations.
As a BA, you work in a squad with around 7-9 colleagues covering the whole range of expertise in the squad. Together, you work on a common purpose. You like to work in a constructive way in a multidisciplinary squad. Together with your squad members you do everything within your power to realise your common mission day by day. The BA reports to the Chapter Lead. The BA can fulfil the role of Product Owner within a squad, determining the priorities for the squad.
What will you do?
You will participate in a squad as a data-driven regulatory reporting expert within the S&RR Tribe. You will be actively involved in the understanding of regulatory requirements, analysis and simplifying of requirements for swift and agile development. As an expert you deliver the necessary knowledge and skills to make standard and best products/services for your stakeholders taking into account the regulatory requirements.
Your activities will be in the area of:
- Read and understand regulatory requirements
- Requirement gathering and elicitation
- Delivering functional specifications
- Implement controls within the process for quality assurance
- Collaboration with stakeholders (Discuss with Policy and Procedure, Group Finance)
- Execute user acceptance testing
- Develop and/or maintain documentation to demonstrate test of effectiveness functionality for different stakeholders
- Convert regulatory requirement to Technology requirement. Translate (solution) designs into IT solutions
- Bridge with TECH and BAU team
- Second line support
You analyse complex Finance business issues that go beyond squad and/or tribe boundaries, with a view to designing complete solutions for the requested change. You deliver excellently substantiated analyses using state-of-the-art techniques and tools, which lead to functional designs that cover all change deliverables. You are focused on process design and the translation to IT. You ensure that all requirements of all relevant stakeholders are acknowledged in the analyses and the different solution designs. You support tribes and squads in their decision-making by presenting the different (functional and solution) design alternatives and their impact in a clear way. You guarantee that the business requirements and non-functional requirements are translated into IT Solution requirements. You work together with (IT) architects and specialists to come up with a suitable IT solution. In doing so, you conduct a number of coherent analyses:
Requirements analysis: You elicit sets of coherent requirements. You make sure that the requirements are complete, consistent, of good quality, that they are translated correctly in the design, and that they are maintained and, if necessary, adjusted if changes occur. You support the product owners and the squads in managing the backlog by translating and prioritising the epics into features and, together with the squad, into user stories.
Process analysis: you analyse the current situation, the problems that occur and the underlying causes. Based on this analysis, you provide clear process designs.
Information analysis: you analyse the necessary input, output, and adjustment of data in the client processes. You analyse the information need. You investigate the quality of the captured data and come up with solutions to improve quality.
Risk analysis: you are able to translate the policy and regulation of ORM, Compliance and Legal into design solutions.
How to succeed
We are looking for an energetic and driven expert with strong analytical capabilities who uses state-of-the-art methods and techniques for business analysis. You have integral, domain-exceeding knowledge of Finance.
You are an excellent communicator and able to build bridges between different stakeholders. You are able to convincingly put forward your proposals and are a real team player in reaching broad agreement on the road to follow. In this way, you can contribute to delivering standardised, uniform and fully adapted solutions to complex Finance issues and processes.
- University (Bachelor’s/Master’s) degree in (business) economics or a comparable field
- 3-5 years of hands on experience as a BA with implementing and designing complex functional solutions in a financial institution
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is essential
- Banking products knowledge from accounting and financial reporting perspective
- Esperanto knowledge on any Data Driven reporting preferably DGS (Deposit Guarantee Scheme) is essential
- Working knowledge on Regulatory Reporting – preferably FINREP
- Ability to implement control frameworks within the process
- Hands on experience on SQL
- Ability of thorough understanding of logical Data Models is essential and MS Excel
- Knowledge on functional UAT testing
- Strong team player; pro-active, ability to connect, positive/GROWTH mind-set, flexibility, focused on cooperation and sharing knowledge; result driven and structured worker
What do we offer?
A job from 36 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
A reimbursement for travel expenses
24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week
13th month salary
Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
8% Holiday payment
Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best