ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking for a Medior Global FEC Investigations Professional to join our FEC Intelligence team to execute global complex investigations into significant FEC Events across ING group.
Significant FEC events are (series of) events related to FEC or any of its predicate offenses which, due to their (possible) overarching nature and/or their expected significant (potential) impact on (parts of) ING, create the need for an immediate, coordinated response and impact-assessment beyond routine and local processes. The handling of significant FEC events requires central articulation of a (data driven) investigation strategy and approach, and central alignment and management of the activities of different investigative units throughout the various business lines as to enable Compliance to provide a global and clear oversight and allow accurate communication to senior management and with regulators.
This is a great opportunity for an investigations professional to join our newly formed FEC Intelligence team, which is part of the (Second Line) Corporate Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) department.
What does the work of the Medior Global FEC Investigations Professional entail?
- You participate in the design of adequate risk-based investigation strategies and approaches;
- You execute investigations across various business lines and countries, ensuring facilitation of an effective risk response across the ING group;
- You adequately perform under pressure if (potential) significant FEC events require rapid response;
- You ensure collation of evidence in adherence to forensic quality standards, and ensure the necessary information security levels as to enable effective assessment of the case at hand;
- You report your progress and results on projects to a Senior FEC Investigations Professional;
- You cooperate with different stakeholders involved in investigations as to achieve the expected results. You work together with others of varying professionalisms in the field of investigations across the group, and together with them come up with results, or find alternative solutions;
- You maintain contact with various stakeholders in ING’s first, second and third line of defence and on all levels throughout ING group, actively cooperate to achieve the investigative goals and provide adequate advice.
What are we looking for?
- You have in-depth knowledge and 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in Financial Economic Crime related investigations;
- You can work across business, organizational and geographical borders, and thereby show both organizational and cultural sensitivity;
- You are willing to go the extra mile, and express a strong drive to deliver results;
- You understand the business of banking and have professional knowledge of the FEC domain in financial institutions, and the related processes, technology and developments in the field;
- You have a natural persuasiveness/countervailing power and dare to speak up;
- You have an university degree, preferably with a crime or security-related focus (such as (forensic) criminology, criminal law, political science, international security, international relations, security risk management, etc.), or have demonstrable working experience that proves equivalence therewith (e.g. in law enforcement, FIU, regulator);
- You preferably have a professional qualification in (forensic) investigations (e.g. a CFE certificate or equivalent professional courses);
- You have an excellent level of English both verbally and in writing;
What we offer
A full-time job (36 to 40 hours per week) and an unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life.
The team is currently working from home and will most likely continue to do so for at least 50% in the near future.
Discover our employment yourself.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.