Your work environment
The COO Risk and Finance department delivers Risk and Finance related services to its stakeholders. These services encompass operations and change initiatives for several services related to Risk and Finance including system, process, data and information management and analytics capabilities.
The services are by design reliable, secure and in control. Change is delivered in accordance with the strategy.
You will join as a Product Owner in the Tribe Credit Risk which consist of approx. 180 employees. This Tribe delivers on time, transparent and standardized solutions according to the standards of the external local and central regulators and auditors meeting our minimum control requirements. You will report to the Tribe Lead.
As a Product Owner within the Credit Risk area of the COO Risk & Finance domain your activities will include:
- Develop the product vision and define what to do to get there. They define priorities, manage the product backlog and relevant stakeholders, and ultimately deliver value for the customer with their Squad(s).
- Together with the Tribe lead and other POs you own the delivery of the Tribe's purpose. Jointly you are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the products and services of the Tribe.
- You manage stakeholders, prioritise the backlog, and are clear about the product vision to guide your Squad(s) and keep focus.
- In addition to having a PO role, you belong to a Chapter in which you continually develop your craftsmanship and way of working.
- You deliver input for the new QBR cycle to the Tribe Lead on status and plans, along with impediments, improvements and dependencies.
- You update your Tribe and other PO’s on new developments that can have an impact on the portfolio, and discuss progress and impediments.
- You provide the “What” and the “Why” (the functional perspective) and ensure that Squad(s) improvement and development ideas are aligned with the product vision and how to get there.
- You clarify the value of the work items and you help the Squad to get them into a state of readiness.
- You bring a prioritised backlog and help your Squad use their expertise to come up with a Sprint goal.
- You ensure focus on the sprint goals and that Squad members are not distracted by other stakeholders.
- As a PO you are accountable to get the feedback from your stakeholders regarding the output of your Sprint.
- You have the same role as every other Squad member: improve the Squad’s way of working and team performance.
How to succeed
You have the ability to take up responsibility, steer strategy and realizations based on facts and data – managerial courage to question and taking decisions. Naturally you focus on delivery through collaboration, ability to bring people together to deliver towards the same purpose. You enjoy to help teams of highly skilled professionals to find end to end solutions for a long and challenging list of required change.
Important qualities necessary for this function are:
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- 5-10 years’ professional experience/affinity with Credit Risk and Data Management is essential
- Strong affinity and experience with Lean and Agile way of working
- Experience in refining and designing features, challenging and advising Product Owners on feature dependencies and priorities
- Capable of acting as connector between squads and stakeholders
- Capable of presenting solutions, roadmaps and milestones to higher management with the ability to simplify complexity and drive operational excellence.
- Excellent in English (verbal and written)
- You are a pioneer of the and you recognize yourself in the corresponding behavior profile.
What do we offer?
A job from 36 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life