Your role and work environment
As Head of Financial Planning & Analysis you formulate the vision & strategy on Wholesale Banking’s Financial Planning and Analyses function globally, you drive quarterly performance reviews and lead in forward looking business scenario planning and introduce new KPI’s relevant for decision making. You bring financial planning and analyses to the next level in WB by introducing new business intelligence tooling and setting standards for analyses and reporting.
Your role is located in the CFO Wholesale Banking Finance department in Amsterdam and you hierarchically report to the CFO Wholesale Banking. You will operate in a dynamic global environment with many internal stakeholders.
You are supported by a team of professionals which you will coach and develop to take the next step to become a business partner that add value to the business.
Your key responsibilities
As Head of Financial Planning & Analysis you have the following key responsibility:
- You formulate the vision & strategy on Wholesale Banking’s Financial Planning & Analysis function and translates this to concrete milestones and objectives taking into account major stakeholders
- You drive quarterly performance reviews (general and deep dives) highlighting key risks and opportunities. Ensures accuracy and robustness of package submission. Ensures high level of financial stewardship by making business leaders aware of data & procedure requirements. You provide oversight for MBB story-telling and other executive presentations.
- You lead forward looking business scenario planning and introduction of new KPI’s relevant for strategic decision making (connecting theoretical plan with execution). You integrate forward looking business impact framework that identifies new growth opportunities.
- You evaluate investment/return on new projects relevant for Long Term WB strategy, you maintain oversight over status and implementation of all strategic projects for Wholesale Banking.
- You supervise the income statement analysis and management accounting reporting process by setting global, re-usable and scalable agile reports & analysis
- You initiate and set requirements for Business Intelligence tools and/or other platforms to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
- You build and maintain matrix oversight for financial reporting, products, regions, sectors and functions inclusive of both internal as well as external network to exchange knowledge and fertilize the development of knowledge in the FP&A area also via external events.
- You drive simplification of financial reporting to benefit the WBMT and other decision-making
- You set direction and support HQ team of Financial and Business Analysts and all local / remote financial planners / analysts. Coaches analytics experts to thrive to continuous improvement
- You bring outside / in macro perspective that may impact course of the growth strategy. You lead competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to the Leadership team. Work closely with front line, Corporate Strategy, Economic office and external data providers to understand market and industry trends, as well as specific dynamics impacting the businesses
- You create change-by-default mindset across the Finance organization and embeds in culture
How to be successful
As Head of Financial Planning & Analysis you bring the following:
- You have in-depth knowledge of Wholesale Banking business and are able to challenge and advice MBB -1 / -2 leadership around financial modelling, forecast and profitability
- You are able to clearly communicate to MBB -1 / -2 leadership the reasons behind the performance and results, including costs, capital and B/S, also for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation, lower capital consumption and streamlining operations
- You are able to ‘connect the dots’ across the WB business lines, external developments and translate this into proposals to improve performance
- You demonstrate ING Orange Code behaviors by participating in and supporting team involvement in multiple cross-functional projects and virtual teams to improve collaboration and improving operational excellence
- You ensure effective processes, drive innovation and automation and improve data quality to become data led.
- You ensure effective interaction with many stakeholders internally (WB MT members, Economic Bureau, Strategy development, Finance departments, Business heads, Finance COO, etc.) and externally.
- Strong focus on interaction, you like to connect people and clear communication is a matter-of-course for you.
- Ability to simplify complexity and drive and execute operational excellence. Act convincing, strong in problem analysis, creative in your solutions and you see giving and receiving constructive feedback as an important condition for working well together.
- Encourage teams and individuals for continuous improvement.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions .
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Want to apply directly?
Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!