Do you want to have a positive impact on the world by investing in and supporting start-ups and scale-ups with Venture Capital and strategic and operational advice?
Are you interested in the areas of health insurance, mobility, the home and living environment and financial planning? Then read on…
As Junior Investment Manager you actively seek out investment opportunities, examine focus areas, and manage parts of the investment process. Besides this, you help portfolio companies in the further development of their growth strategy and the development of the organization, and also support the portfolio company with possible add-on acquisitions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Helping source deals in cooperation with the senior investment managers and business (scouts);
- Screening opportunities from a business/ strategic and investment perspective;
- Helping to evaluate business plans, management teams and commercial opportunities. In this, you will work closely with the senior investment managers and relevant (internal) stakeholders;
- The analysis of investment opportunities, including the modelling and structuring of investments, the running of due diligence processes in cooperation with the business and their documentation;
- For portfolio companies, you will act as an active shareholder;
- Helping portfolio companies in the further development of their growth strategies, organization, operations and commercial plans;
- Supporting portfolio companies in their M&A strategy;
- Helping to connect the AIF to various foundations, other insurance companies, corporates and related networks.
- You have a background in subject areas such as business administration/ econometrics/ economics/ law, with a possible focus on innovation and strategy;
- You have two to four years’ work experience in private equity, venture capital, M&A or (strategy)consulting, with preferably some operational experience within an innovative company;
- You have experience in the area of emerging technologies, healthcare and insurance are a plus;
- You have affinity with strategy, modelling and valuation;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You are able to formulate analyses clearly and succinctly to the other members of the team, the investment committee and (potential) portfolio companies;
- Speaking Dutch is preferred.
You have strong analytical skills and easily recognize patterns and connections. You are open to different views and interested in different subjects. At the same time you have strong interpersonal skills, you adapt your way of communicating to others. Diplomacy is important for the work we do, you know what to say to who and when. You are creative, see the work that needs to be done and take action when needed.
This position is open to applicants of all nationalities; however, we can only consider candidates who have or do not need a work and residency permit for the EU.
- Opportunity to work at a strategic level for a major Dutch corporate in the area of innovation, Venture Capital, M&A
- A position with impact: in line with Achmea’s general social and environmental responsibility
- International scope/exposure
- Competitive starter package
- Training opportunities
- Attractive pension package
- Variable compensation/ bonus
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)