Who we are
We’re always looking for new ways to do things faster, better, cheaper. To move out of our comfort zone, even beyond banking, so that we can better serve the needs of customers with solutions that address their challenges.
Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and business is ING’s purpose and the main driver for ING Labs. We focus on increasing the pace of innovation to serve changing customer needs. The Labs focus on thinking beyond traditional banking to develop new services to take to market.
We will support you in building your initiative by pitching for funding to ING’s Innovation Fund. We tackle the complex and messy process of building solutions by breaking them down into different phases with key validation points. For this we use ING’s innovation methodology, , which builds on Lean Startup, Design Thinking, and Agile. Progress is assessed by the Innovation Fund and you pitch for your proposed next steps to be funded.
You will be working in the ING Labs Amsterdam office and/ or remotely in a very international and dynamic environment.
What you will be working on
Invoice Trader is a solution where we create a platform to facilitate companies looking for financing of their invoices (borrowers) with parties looking for short term investment possibilities (investors). Invoice Trader provides the possibility for borrowers to flexibly finance one or more invoices to cover working capital needs at the best competitive price using an auction system, while at the same time enabling investors to invest with low risk in a new asset class. You will assess market appetite, scalability and advise on the way forward.
You will assess the current MVP on suitability, scalability and reusability. Check the legal and credit risk feasibility for the selected countries. Work together with the Commercial Venture Builder on validating the assumptions and target customer segment.
Role & responsibilities
Your role as Corporate Venture Builder Product will be to productize and operationalize the product.
- Validate the target customer segment by conducting interviews and surveys.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customers/personas and their pain points to ensure we are working on the problems that have a high impact on them.
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding the landscape to solve real problems with technology.
- Gather customer feedback on possible solution ideas.
- Identify and systematically test the riskiest assumptions of the problem taken in consideration.
- Design and iterate on your experiments to test hypotheses and gather real-world evidence and insights.
- Test and de-risk your hypothesis with regards to the validity of the problem, the target group and how this problem is solved today.
- Define a proposal for how the problem might be solved.
- Identify the direction for the value proposition and lead it through the Problem fit phase and into the Solution Fit phase and beyond.
- Develop a product vision, strategy and roadmap and align with ING’s strategic goals.
- Connect and align with internal and external stakeholders to gather their input on the initiative.
- Present evidence-backed data to the Innovation Fund to access further funding.
- Communicate and share learnings with key stakeholders for continuous improvement.
- Prepare to validate the value proposition and requirements for building a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in the next innovation stage.
- Define the approach for the pricing, and packaging of the product.
- Plan for productizing and operationalizing the product.
- Develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and resources and time required to achieve that.
- Work closely with our risk and compliance teams to ensure we meet the risk requirements of ING.
- You have a successful track record in as a Product Manager, preferably with a mix of startup and established environments.
- You have strong experience in scaling tech products (including operationalizing and productizing validated products).
- You have experience with Innovation, Design thinking, Agile, Scrum, Lean or PACE.
- You have knowledge and passion for the business banking domain, especially for working capital financing solutions.
- You demonstrate deep customer empathy and a solution-oriented mindset.
- You demonstrate strong cross-functional partnership and stakeholder management skills.
- You are data-focused, ensuring any assumptions are validated.
- You demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills.
What we offer you
- An initial 3-6 months assignment based on 36h or 40h /week. The assignment’s renewal is dependent on the stage gate success and will be decided after this initial period.
- To build an initiative within the ING organization, potentially spinning into an existing business of ING.
- Support from dedicated professionals like PACE coaches, service designers, UX/UI and Growth support teams
- Access to key skills and knowledge about products, methods and regulations.
- Fast paced, diverse & exciting work on growing emerging technologies.
- An open, informal, fun working environment and with own office space for the initiative.
- Possibility to work remotely during COVID19 until further notice from ING.
- Fantastic colleagues in highly collaborative, cross-functional and multicultural agile teams.
- Working in an equal, inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Trainings and workshops.
Amsterdam (currently remote)
Interested or want to learn more?
Click on Apply for this job. Please attach a motivation letter to your CV.
We expect all candidates to live by the ING Orange code and are willing to take the Bankers Oath (see: )