The function is part of the Management Team (MT) Belgium and the Global Management Team (GMT) of the Business Line D&JC and operates under the final responsibility of the Country Executive Belgium and the Global Head of D&JC.
D&JC is part of the global ABN AMRO Corporate & Institutional Banking business line with sub department Trade & Commodity Finance.
As Country Director D&JC Belgium you contribute to the realisation of the commercial objectives in Belgium as well as the general strategic and operational policy of D&JC in Belgium with a great deal of complexity and products, in line with the Performance Contract (PfC) for Belgium and with knowledge of all laws and regulations.This includes amongst other things the following:
Your work environment
- The Belgian D&JC Business Unit represents in the MT of Belgium approx. 40 employees
- The Belgian D&JC Business Unit is the market leader in the financing of the regional and international diamond industry.
- Responsibility for the realization of the yearly PfC of D&JC for Belgium. Most important goal is to further improve the quality of the portfolio and not focus so much on growth. Minimalisation of the provisions has a high priority.
- Responsibility for the performance of the global commercial strategy within the Belgian context as defined by the Global Management Team (GMT) D&JC.
- People Management: control of the Commercial Department Has the final responsibility for all Human Capital related decisions within D&JC Belgium
- Portfolio Management: strategy & monitoring of the year plan in consultation with the Commercial Team and the local Portfolio Manager, both for existing customers and for prospects and within the international portfolio management of D&JC.
- Represents the bank to large (global) customers when it comes to strategic updates and discussions, difficult files (in consultation with Commercial Head and RMs), guarantees a qualitative service to the customers
- Takes final responsibility for the management, control and execution of all Risk, Compliance, Customer Control, 1st Line of Defence related policies for D&JC Belgium as well as Business Continuity Management, all available tools, training, reports, etc
- Participates (as a voting member or as chairman) to various committees within the framework of the 1st Line of DefenceHolds final responsibility for D&JC BE on cost management in consultation with the CFO D&JC and the CFO of Belgium.
- Business Development: in consultation with GMT D&JC take responsibility for a number of projects, and follow the economic, fiscal, legal and political developments in the diamond world to tackle risks and problem areas as well as to detect business opportunities
- Networking, internal & external partnerships: ensure D&JC and ABN AMRO are represented in various local and international events in the diamond sector and maintain good relations with the relevant stakeholders (Diamond Fairs, AWDC, WFDB, ...) but also with ABN AMRO Belgium Head office and ABN AMRO Group Head office in Amsterdam.
ABN AMRO is for more than 100 years active in the financing of the diamond sector and is one of the most important banks in the industry worldwide. Antwerp is one of the most important trade centres for the diamond industry. This is reflected within the D&JC portfolio where D&JC occupies a prominent place.
- Masters Degree (with a preference for economics or law) and a minimum of 15 years relevant experience
- You have an in-depth and at the same time broad technical and operational knowledge of the financial and banking world, of the banking systems and the services/products offered by a bank (credits and compliance in particular)
- You know the Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, MIFID, Basel and other relevant regulations and know that Compliance is especially valued highly within ABN AMRO.
- You have wide knowledge and experience in credit lending and are very risk conscious.
- You are prepared to dig deep into the diamond world (trade, services, products)
- You have extensive commercial experience in the world of corporate banking, preferably also as a Relationship Manager
- You have extensive experience in management
- You have strong communication skills, a strategic and analytical mind and a listening ear
- You have a thorough knowledge of both the Dutch and English language (both in word and in writing); a passive knowledge of French is an asset
- You approach matters with a critical attitude and have a dose of common sense and a strong problem solving capacity
- Experience and openness in dealing with different cultures is a must
- You value integrity and discretion
- You are proactive, dynamic, accurate and very empathetic
- You like working in a complex and ever-changing environment
- You have the AIM and the ABN AMRO core values of Ambition, Professionalism and Trust fully assimilated and know the application of the Culture Principles
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)