The DevOps Database Engineer is a team member involved in many aspects of a DevOps Team; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to determine the best solution for a particular engagement to the...
DevOps Database Engineer
The DevOps Database Engineer is a team member involved in many aspects of a DevOps Team; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to determine the best solution for a particular engagement to the design, development and delivery of software products.
You will work as a DevOps Database Engineer within the US Audit DevOps Team on a variety of projects and initiatives mostly new cloud-based solutions. You will report to the Deloitte US Team Lead but are located with your other team members in the Deloitte IT & Workplace Services in the Netherlands.
Your profile as DevOps Database Engineer
For this role, your ideal background is as follows:
Great to haves!
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile development practices, including unit testing and continuous integration
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success and quality solutions
- Team player that understands how your own work is important to the team's success
- Ability to multitask across different projects
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012 and/or 2014
- Microsoft Azure SQL
- NoSQL Database experience (i.e., Mongo, or Document DB)
- Experience implementing PAAS in a solution.
- TFS (Team Foundation Server 2010 >), VSTS or Jenkins or similar ALM tool
- PowerShell, or Bash or similar scripting language
- Git or TFSVC or similar version control tools and branching strategies for that tool.
- Demonstrate the capability to work with the tools involved to implement and ensure compliance with the process put in place
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Professionalism; to include written and oral communication – the ability to communicate collaboratively in front of a whiteboard. An ability to understand your audience and adjust your communication style to fit them.
- Ability to learn business concepts quickly
- A desire to constantly learn and share new knowledge, whether this is reading a book and posting a review on our Yammer, or giving a lunch and learn on the hottest new topics in your field.
- Available for stand-by shifts
What does Deloitte offer you?
- Non-complainer – everyone has something they’d rather not do
- Academic background in computer science
- 3+ years relevant professional work experience
- Desired State Configuration (DSC), Puppet or Chef
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience with RedGate SQL technologies.
- A work environment with enthusiastic colleagues
- Working in an environment with the latest ICT technologies
- Internal career opportunities
- Role-related training
- Competitive salary
- Personal development plan
- Continuous developments in ICT area
- 26 vacation days
- NS Business Card
Are you challenged by this vacancy?
Please contact us today for an introduction. Click on the button below and fill in your personal information. If this position does not fit you, and you know someone who fits perfectly to the outlined profile, please forward the vacancy.
For questions about this vacancy call Mustafa Ajiach on telephone number +31 (0)88 288 48 36
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op