As an assistant Financial Controller, you are involved in the analysis of the key performance indicators and financial results of BSR in order to provide meaningful, high-quality management information for management decision making.
As an assistant Financial Controller, you ensure that financial and management information is delivered to the Investment and Risk & Capital committees and to the Management & Supervisory board of BSR. Tthe information is used for internal and external reporting.
As an assistant Financial Controller, you are also involved in ad-hoc activities, including financial analysis of new reinsurance transactions and projects driven by the parent company Aegon N.V.Team
Aegon Blue Square Re (BSR) is a reinsurance company that is incorporated in the Netherlands
that has been established to support the risk and business strategy of Aegon by:
• Maintaining risks within the Group for which there is appetite;
• Transferring risks externally for which there is no appetite;
• Improving efficiency of capital;
• Sharing knowledge with local operating units. Requirements
s an assistant Financial Controller, you are results oriented and work in a structured way. You are a team player with a hands on mentality and have excellent organizational skills. Furthermore, you are assertive and adaptive in changing environments and situations.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master degree in finance/accounting. Additional education, such as CFA, RC, RA qualification or equivalent is considered a plus;
- At least 4 – 6years of relevant working experiencein assessing and analysing financial and business performance in an international environment;
- Highly proficient in Analytical tools such as PowerBi (or other related Analytical tools);
- Reasonable understanding of application of IFRS and SII accounting principles;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
• A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
• A good work/life balance including a minimum of 26 vacation days
• A commuting allowance
• An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products