De (financiële) wereld is de afgelopen jaren ingrijpend veranderd. Mede daardoor is de verzekeringsmarkt continu in beweging. Met onze producten en diensten willen we bij Aegon mensen in staat stellen financieel gezond oud te worden.
Do you want to take the next step in your finance career in a fast growing environment? Then join our finance team at Blue Square Re (BSR) within the Aegon global head office in The Hague! Your challenge
As an assistant Financial Controller, you are involved in the analysis of the key performance indicators and financial results of BSR in order to provide meaningful, high-quality management information for management decision making.
As an assistant Financial Controller, you ensure that financial and management information is delivered to the Investment and Risk & Capital committees and to the Management & Supervisory board of BSR. Tthe information is used for internal and external reporting.
As an assistant Financial Controller, you are also involved in ad-hoc activities, including financial analysis of new reinsurance transactions and projects driven by the parent company Aegon N.V. Team
Aegon Blue Square Re (BSR) is a reinsurance company that is incorporated in the Netherlands
that has been established to support the risk and business strategy of Aegon by:
• Maintaining risks within the Group for which there is appetite;
• Transferring risks externally for which there is no appetite;
• Improving efficiency of capital;
• Sharing knowledge with local operating units. Requirements
As an assistant Financial Controller, you are results oriented and work in a structured way. You are a team player with a hands on mentality and have excellent organizational skills. Furthermore, you are assertive and adaptive in changing environments and situations.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master degree in finance/accounting. Additional education, such as CFA, RC, RA qualification or equivalent is considered a plus;
- At least 4 – 6years of relevant working experiencein assessing and analysing financial and business performance in an international environment;
- Highly proficient in Analytical tools such as PowerBi (or other related Analytical tools);
- Reasonable understanding of application of IFRS and SII accounting principles;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
• A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
• A good work/life balance including a minimum of 26 vacation days
• A commuting allowance
• An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products