As Junior Quantitative Analyst, you will be responsible for collecting and reviewing the input and results of Aegon Group related to its capital and risk position, such as Solvency II Standard Formula and Internal Model capital requirements, Capital Sensitivities to various risks, MCVNB and Budgeting. You will also ensure that the information submitted by reporting units is accurate, complete and delivered in a timely fashion. To achieve that, you will develop a close relationship with subsidiaries and develop a clear understanding of their products and models.
You will be responsible for executing control framework around the calculation of Solvency II capital requirements. Last but not least, the Junior Quantitative Analyst maintains documentation of processes and procedures performed and demonstrates to the auditors and regulators that Aegon is fully in control of its reporting procedures and has a complete understanding of its models and potential outcomes.About the department
The Group Finance department is responsible for the delivery of meaningful financial and non-financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales etc.) to the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board of Aegon N.V. to support the decision-making process.
To achieve this objective, Group Finance maintains and develops reporting systems which enable group consolidated reporting in relation to key financial metrics based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Solvency II, Aegon’s Market Value Numbers and other metrics. As owner of Aegon Group’s consolidated financial information, the financial reporting team ensures that the figures are accurate, complete and compiled in a timely fashion in accordance with Aegon’s reporting principles.
The environment in Group Finance is very dynamic due to external regulatory demands, internal needs and a drive to continually improve. Managing and adapting to change in a structured manner is key to the long-term success of the department. Requirements
If you meet the following requirements, you could be our new colleague.
What we offer
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience
- A university degree with a mathematical focus (actuarial science, statistics etc.)
- A structured and methodical approach to work and desire to always achieve better results
- Strong affinity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in written and spoken English
This position is part of the Technical Development Program. This is a job rotation program. Every two years you will switch to another business unit in The Hague: Aegon the Netherlands, Aegon Asset Management, Aegon Group and Aegon Bank. These rotations (3 times max.) facilitate your development as a broad professional. Besides these rotations we offer you our full support to boost your development:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
- A good work/life balance, including a minimum of 25 vacation days
- A commuting allowance
- An excellent pension plan and discount on Aegon products
- extended training program (communication, project management and leadership skills)
- possibility of international assignments
- individual coaching by program coordinators
- possibility to obtain professional accreditation such as CFA
The program is an excellent opportunity to build a broad network with your peers and to interact with senior management. All of this will prepare you for a leadership role within Aegon.