A dynamic environment for dynamic people
The environment in Group Finance is very dynamic due to external regulatory demands, internal needs and a drive to continually improve. The ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing department will be crucial to be truly successful in this role.
If you meet the following requirements, you could be our new colleague.
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience
- A quantitative analytical studies/background
- Preferable actuarial qualifications
- A university degree with a mathematical focus (actuarial science, statistics etc.)
- A structured and methodical approach to work
- Strong affinity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A positive can-do attitude, and desire to always achieve better results
- Proficient in written and spoken English
As Junior Quantitative Analyst, you would be responsible for collecting and reviewing the input and results of Aegon Group related to its capital and risk position, such as Solvency II Standard Formula and Internal Model capital requirements, Capital Sensitivities to various risks, MCVNB and Budgeting. You would also ensure that the information submitted by reporting units is accurate, complete and delivered in a timely fashion. To achieve that, you would develop a close relationship with subsidiaries and develop a clear understanding of their products and models.
You would be responsible for executing the control framework around the calculation of Solvency II capital requirements. Last but not least, the Junior Quantitative Analyst maintains documentation of processes and procedures performed and demonstrates to the auditors and regulators that Aegon is fully in control of its reporting procedures and has a complete understanding of its models and potential outcomes.
Here’s an overview of the key tasks: Financial reporting
- Execute a high-quality and efficient SCR calculation process for Solvency II reporting, Budgeting, Capital Sensitivities.
- Produce a deep and insightful analysis of the group diversification benefit to ensure the results are accurate and complete and can be understood and explained in the context of overall group reporting.
- Assist with implementation and testing of major risk model changes, working alongside the group risk team.
- Assure quality of all information / reports, and continuously strive to promote and implement effective automation, additional control and efficiency in existing processes (looking at the end to end).
- Prepare clear instructions and guidance to reporting units to support their submission of input data relevant for the calculation of Capital requirements and sensitivities
- Actively maintain effective working relationships with reporting units
- Cooperate with the other group finance analysis teams to maintain strong alignment
- Work closely with the group external auditor, performing audit procedures on consolidated financial information to prove that Aegon fully understands and verifies the final data.
- Execute controls as designed to mitigate risks in the financial statement closing process.
- Challenge effectiveness and efficiency of existing control framework. Identify new risks in the process and timely mitigate them.
- Maintain adequate documentation of processes and procedures performed in accordance with Aegon’s internal control framework.
- Support the application and maintenance of Aegon’s global reporting data model as it relates to the risk reporting.
The benefits of working at Aegon extend beyond the financial reward. You will have the autonomy to make things happen and help us on our journey forwards. You will be working together and socializing (outings and parties/BBQs throughout the year) with fun and interesting people from diverse backgrounds. Aegon is committed to development opportunities that suit your way of learning or new career opportunities close to home or further afield.
This position is part of the Technical Development Program. This is a job rotation program. Every two years you will switch to another business unit in The Hague: Aegon the Netherlands, Aegon Asset Management, Aegon Group and Aegon Bank. These rotations (3 times max.) facilitate your development as a broad professional. Besides these rotations we offer you our full support to boost your development:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
- A good work/life balance, including a minimum of 26 vacation days
- A commuting allowance
- An excellent pension plan and discount on Aegon products
- extended training program (communication, project management and leadership skills)
- possibility of international assignments
- individual coaching by program coordinators
- possibility to obtain professional accreditation such as CFA
The program is an excellent opportunity to build a broad network with your peers and to interact with senior management. All of this will prepare you for a leadership role within Aegon.
- Den Haag
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op