Division International plans to grow its topline and be able to provide our International as well as Dutch customers with significant risk diversification and value propositions beyond insurance. For example, in Canada we thrive to “Make Canada safer” and in Australia to ”Let farmers farm”. Achmea has a broad portfolio from health insurances to non-life insurances with a social component. The strategy of the division International is that we only go abroad if we have something to offer to that country from our core business in the Netherlands. So we really have something to offer, amongst others, to Canada and Australia in terms of care and non-life.
As a Financial Consultant you contribute to the realization of the plan on both content as well as process. Main activities include financial analysis backing up strategic, tactic and operational decisions for a selection of foreign operating companies (OpCo’s). High quality financial analysis and advice will enable Division International and its OpCo’s (Achmea Australia, Eureko Sigorta Turkey, Interamerican Greece, Union Slovakia and Onlia Canada) to steer the business. Furthermore, tight coordination of the business planning process makes sure Division International sticks to its strategic directions. The essence of this role is to contribute to realizing the strategic plan. This needs to be done in a dynamic and international department, with a focus on OpCo’s that provide insurance in highly competitive markets.
As Financial Consultant at Division International you are combining a forward looking and a backward looking approach. Backward looking, you are responsible for business control of a selection of OpCo’s. The forward looking part (more than 3 years ahead) of the role is focused on business planning, which you are coordinating. You make sure that high level OpCo ambitions are aligned and gradually translated to detailed plans. You challenge the content and consolidate OpCo plans to a Rolling Forecast for Division International, that will need to be approved by the Achmea Executive Board. You will provide the Division International Management Team, autonomously and proactively, your advice to enhance performance and grow the value of the company. Furthermore, you will report on performance internally on a monthly basis and for external reporting. The process coordination includes alignment of all involved parties within the Dutch Achmea Holding and OpCo colleagues. Next to the backward and forward looking roles you will do ad hoc projects, like finance innovation with the OpCos and business development.
The role of Financial Consultant at Division International is a demanding role in which you act as a strong business partner and provide advice to the Management Team in Division International, but also to the local Board members. Working in an international environment requests an international mindset and empathy with foreign circumstances. You need to be able to understand the OpCo environment which can highly differ from what you are used to.
The role asks for flexibility and independency given the limited size of the performance management team in combination with the large scope of work. Tasks simply need to be done so a hands on mentality and tight cooperation with the Senior Manager Finance & Strategy are key. You are open to change, and willing to innovate in order to realize improvements.
- Education: University Master degree.
- Experience: a minimum of 3 years working experience as a strategic consultant at a management consulting firm or experience within M&A at an investment bank for example.
- You are able to make your own financial analysis, for which analytical skills and eye for detail are required. Based on the analysis you should be able to autonomously share your advice and make impact.
- You have or are willing to develop significant understanding of all the different insurance markets (Non-life, Health, Life). You are aware of external developments (economic, political) in the markets where we are present.
- Your English communication skills (speaking and writing) are excellent. Being able to speak Dutch is an advantage.
The application procedure consists of 2 interviews, a case during the second interview and an online assessment.
- A lot of responsibility and room for own initiatives;
- An entrepreneurial international working environment;
- Your location is our head office in Zeist, but we mainly work at flexible workstations in Amsterdam or Utrecht. In addition, you regularly go abroad (both inside and outside Europe). Flexibility is therefore desirable. It may occur that you are in Zeist for a month and then spend a month abroad full-time;
- A salary in the salary range of 3,753 and 5,224 euros a month and attractive secondary employment conditions.
- A progressive employer with strong brands: Centraal Beheer, FBTO, Interpolis and Zilveren Kruis.
- Of course we also offer a fixed year-end bonus and a good pension plan.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)