Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and gain experience within M&A within a major corporate on an international level? Aegon should be your next employer!Position
As a Corporate Financial Analyst, you create a deeper understanding and analysis of the performance of Aegon operations in a comprehensive and objective manner by preparing (ad-hoc) analytical reports that support the Executive Board (CEO and CFO) in their decision making process. Your work will be used to understand the key drivers of (local) business results and how these trend into the Budget/Mid Term Plan (MTP) projected performance as well as to understand key risks underlying local business plans. Another significant part of your job is to assess how potential M&A transactions would impact the financials of the Group which enables Executive Board decisions. On top of this, you will perform various other forward looking scenario analysis and you will use and maintain analytical models in order to do so. Your team
You will be working in the Strategic Financial Analysis Team. This team supports the Executive & Management Board in gaining a better understanding of the financial performance of the Group by analyzing and challenging the performance of Aegon’s businesses. This is done by conducting thorough analysis on historic performance and future performance, assess impact of M&A transactions, scenario analysis, forward looking analysis, lead and prepare Budget/MTP challenge sessions, peer analysis/benchmarks of our business units. The analysis conducted by the Strategic Financial Analysis team should create a deeper understanding with the Executive & Management Board of key drivers of (local) business results as well as key risks underlying local business plans. Requirements
As a Corporate Financial Analyst, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You are able to undertake complex and complex financial research and perform this research independently. Also, you are able to interpret results and provide alternatives for further consideration based on the research. You want to gain a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and the dynamics between the various stakeholders of an insurance company.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- You have a Master’s degree within actuarial science, econometrics, mathematics, physics or another quantitative field
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience within a financial institution or financial consultancy
- You are a positive and pro-active team player, analytical and results driven.
- You have proven experience in (setting up) financial models that are used in decision making processes
- You have experience in assessing and analyzing business performance, challenging business strategies, ability to present and interpret the results of the assessment, ability to conduct complex financial research autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills: providing information, listening, and most importantly, convincing
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
• A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
• A good work/life balance including a minimum of 26 vacation days
• A commuting allowance
• An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products
- Den Haag
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)