Want to work in an inspiring and agile environment where you are able to be responsible for Data Management within Finance? Would you like to continue your career within one of Europe’s largest Insurance companies? Aegon should be your next employer!Position
Blue Square Re is Aegon's life and non-life reinsurer. In addition, we manage, administer and cover elements of Aegon's non-life and health portfolios. Due to the growth of the operating activities within reinsurance, we are recruiting a new International Data Manager. As the Data Manager, you will have full control over the data environment and run this how you see fit, including implementing new tools and changing process from scratch. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and really change how we uses our financial data. You will be working with all stakeholders all the way up to the Board.
Other key responsibilities:
- Responsible for all data stream across the globe which involves the reinsurance business.
- Provide a full database analysis and identifying gaps in products and market.
- Understand and interpret highly complex information requirements and requests, and assess the purpose for which the information is required.
- Liaise with the subsidiaries to access raw data and develop and deliver appropriate reporting solutions using various tools.
- Use tools to make predictions and recommendations for future performance issues.
- Prepare divisional performance review papers for relevant reviews and other high level presentations by senior management.
- Manage and maintain the plans throughout show cycle- ensure that all data is built and implemented.
- Identify system errors and work with operators and IT suppliers to implement new system developments to improve system/database quality.
- Provide complex data requests for all events by running queries and manipulating data to provide streamline reporting.
- Project and operational management.
You are ready for a next challenge to become our future Data Manager. You have experience as Data Specialist or Financial Analyst. You are someone who likes to be involved in a very operational enivornment. In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- At least 4 to 6 years of relevant working experience within data management.
- Experience in working in an international, multinational environment.
- Proven experience using systems and tools such as Quantum Plate.
- Expert knowledge of Access and/or Excel.
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we have:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 26 vacation days
- A commuting allowance
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products
- Den Haag
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)