We are looking for an Investment Accounting & Control Officer with ambition, someone who will take the lead without being asked for.
You are a professional, always translating resistance towards change into benefits and solutions. You will never lose focus for the end goal being delivery of reliable investment accounting products & services and audit proof supporting evidence for the operating effectiveness of underlying processes.
Your Accounting & Control expertise includes:
- Knowledge of accounting and control. More specific in relation to general accepted accounting principles (Dutch GAAP), audit & control frameworks (COSO / ISAE 3402);
- An analytical background and knowledge of databases and reporting /business intelligence tools;
- Knowledge of business functions as: Trade support, Reconciliation, Pricing & Valuation, Alternative Investment Administration Data management and Regulatory & Financial Reporting;
At APG Asset Management you will be part of the Accounting & Control team within Investment Operations & Accounting Services. This team of 7 employees is mainly responsible for the accounting & closing of the Net Asset Values (NAV) of the APG and client funds (FGR and client portfolio’s) and also control and analysis on the reliability and quality of the closed figures. A&C is also responsible for the month-end control procedures regarding the official NAV releases to our stakeholders. Also execution of the management testing on the Operations control framework is part of these monthly procedures. Monitoring on the quality of the procedures within Operations value chain and initiating process improvements are also part of A&C responsibilities. In addition, A&C team is responsible for the allocation and cost accounting process.
As Investment Accounting & Control Officer, you know how to approach issues from different angles and ask the right questions. You are someone with a healthy ambition who takes action independently, but you are also a motivated team player. Of course you are representative, and you show a lot of initiative in your communication and interpersonal skills.
You will be working mainly in Heerlen.
- Completed Academic Degree in (business) economics/administration (audit, controlling etc.)
- Four + years of experience, experience in a financial institution/ Asset Management environment is a preference;
- a strong analytical background and knowledge of databases, accounting and reporting tools;
- Able to tackle issues from multiple points of view and to ask the right questions;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English; Dutch will be an advantage.
- Willing to lifelong learning and training;
- A “can do” mentality and no 9 till 5 attitude.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)